Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Down the garden path!

Nearly went for a skate down the front path this morning as I was gingerly heading for the car, basket and container of hot water in one hand, and handbag in the other. To have been unceremoniously dumped on my rear at that hour of the morning would have been too much! But I made it to the car upright, though the heart rate was just a little faster. Then the next thing to sort was the lock - frozen solid! Yes, it was a very good frost this morning. Thankfully the lock on the other side was less frozen and we managed to get in that way. Oh the joys of winter.


I have been stitching a little project folder using the Beach House range of fabrics again - I love these colours, particularly the blues and browns. This is the outside...
..and the inside..

I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I also wanted to show you some of Barb's gorgeous new buttons that arrived this week - aren't they just amazing. Just imagine these decorating a stitchery project, or maybe a gift tag, or a little linen bag... the possibilities are endless.

And how about this gorgeous creature...


...an idea is taking shape - I'm off to find the linen - I know it's around here somewhere.

Keep warm, and watch out for ice!

Jenny

5 comments:

Quilting Kim said...

Jenny - Your stitchery project is gorgeous and those buttons are just darling. I'll be checking back to see what you have planned for them.

Watch out for the ice - I don't envy you that!

May Britt said...

Those buttons are adorable :)I can see them on a little purse.

Heather Tucker said...

Hi,
The stitchery is gorgeous. Please could you let me know where you got the design? many thanks
Heather

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your little project! Lovely stitchery too.

Christine said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Love the Beach House fabrics.