Monday, October 12, 2009

Our new home!

I've been away for a while again, I know. So much has happened in the last couple of months - incredible, amazing changes - and a wonderful feeling inside me that this is very good! We're all moved in to our new home, the shop has closed, and all the shop ''stuff'' is here now too. Must admit to slightly underestimating the time it would take to ''move'' the shop! But it's all done - all unpacked ,in a fashion (minus the boxes that were just far too hard to think about - they went straight into some wonderful big storage cupboards - for those there will another day!) and we have even had our first guests to stay. Yes, I was nervous at first, but needn't have been - they were the most delightful couple, and apart from forgetting to put glasses out for the juice, everything went perfectly fine!

I have been busy stitching, too, just in case you were wondering. But I can't show you a single thing because it's all the ''secret'' things for the Retreat this coming weekend. I will show them afterwards though - the designs that have come from Natalie, Brenda, Barb, Bronwyn and Marg are absolutely stunning. For those of you coming this weekend, you are in for a treat.

So, this is our house - the front of it, anyway. It totally charmed me when I first saw it. I thought I would show you a couple of pics of the garden (seeing as I can't show you any stitchery) - this is my patch of paradise - so incredibly sheltered and private and when the flowers are in bloom it will look so so pretty - I can't wait.


There are gorgeous clumps of bluebells everywhere - primoses, tulips, a beautiful magnolia tree. The wisteria at the front door is glorious!

... and the fish pond which has seven residents! Don't know alot about fish, but I will learn. Have caught Charlie sitting on the edge a couple of times, working on a strategy I think!

What do you think? And the view from upstairs is something else - it's pretty hard not to love living here! I'll be back after the weekend to show you some of the things I've been working on lately. Coffee, maybe, on the balcony! See you later.

Jenny

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Jenny, only found your blog for the first time today. We're new to Dunedin and I'm so glad to hear that you bought that house! While house hunting here, we fell in love with it and visited a couple of times, only to sadly decide that we couldn't quite manage the B&B with all those stairs. I'd been looking for your shop as I've just pieced my first quilt - just a fun, crazy one, but I needed some help to work out about the quilting. An Australian friend who's been answering my questions by email suggested I look on the web for some 'local knowledge' and I found your website. Then the serendipitous issue around the beautiful house and garden. Will look forward to doing a class or whatever when you get more settled. Cheers, Jane

carole brungar said...

Hi Jen, Fantastic house!!! And a perfect garden to match. I have been wondering how your shift was going. I would like to know more about your retreats, I would love to visit this fabulous home, that has a quilt shop in it and runs retreats!!
Carole ;)

ngela said...

Hi Jenny
Your house looks wonderful and I am glad it is all going well with you. I will miss popping into your shop when we go thru Dunedin but maybe now we know of a very lovely place to stay instead.....
All the best in your new venture.
Angela

Simone de Klerk said...

Hi dear Jenny ~ how wonderful to hear from you and to read that all went fine. The house and garden look BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow you must feel happy and proud there. Wish I could come over and visit you. And how wonderful that the summer will be coming soon. You must feel so proud and happy!!! How does your boy like it?
Look forward to see what you made for the retreat. Where will it be held?
Enjoy you new home and experiences! Wonderful (((O:

Vancouver real estate agent said...

Hi. Beautiful pictures of the house and the garden. I don't wonder that you fell in love with this house. I'm little bit fanatic in gardens and yours seems very nice. But be very careful with the fish pond. Some kinds of fish are very sensitive and can die very easily, especially when there are big temperature differences.

Good luck,
Jay

Barb said...

Hi Jenny
I can see you gloating from across the gutter... absolutely divine ...I am envious....
Well done & enjoy this journey in your life..
Barb xxx

Randolph Coleson said...

How hearty your home is! I bet that it's even more splendid inside - a perfect place for wonderful stitching. The garden, though, takes the cake! Owning a new house, especially if it's beautiful like this, is indeed a charm. Cheers!

Clorinda Altavilla said...

Wow, your garden looks terrific! I love it when homeowners truly take the time to tend their gardens, as they're very much part of our house. Plus, they make a house truly a place of relaxation.