Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still sunny!

The last time I was here it was a glorious blue sunny sky day - same again today! Maybe I should be out there, in the garden, or just relaxing with a cuppa on the front porch. The second option sounds good - gathering strength for the next job on today's agenda - carting another load firewood up the stairs, and then up through the garden, and then stacking it up under the house (there are way too many ''ups'' there!). Yah - I can't wait until the delivery man turns up with it!! I have been a little cunning though and suggested that he deliver it mid to late afternoon - like about about after 3.00 p.m. Sorry Jake!

I've started to do a little work on some of this years classes. We did some vintage Christmas decorations last year, and they were fun. So I've decided to do another four this year. Have been thinking about what to do for ages, and I've finally settled on the next four. Here's the beginnings of three of the four...
... and part way through the snowflake....
Also, I've had fun stitching a garden for Barb's hollyhock buttons.....

... and it's finished up as another class project. I used a new range of fabrics - "Old Primrose Inn" by Blackbird Designs - gorgeous soft colours and old-fashioned florals.
Plenty of pockets to store absolutely everything.

The Gingham Girls got an outing, too. Have half finished block ten - this is such a pretty little block....
... and sweet lavender...

I have to show you a couple of things that the postie delivered this week cos they are gorgeous! The first parcel had a pile of buttons from House on the Hill - what do you think? Aren't they beautiful!
And then there was this! This is not my stitching but a picture of part of Brenda Ryan's most delicious new quilt, Jane Austen's Bonnets (this is one of my block of the month quilts this year). I'm going to be stitching this tonight - I know I shouldn't start something else quite yet, but this is completely irresistable - I just have to do a little!
Not quite finished with the postie yet - she also delivered a parcel from France - new cross-stitch patterns by Virginie Gousse. Her designs are truly exquisite -I just had to have them! It was so hard to choose just one to show you, but they will all on my website in a couple of days (http://www.thestitchery.co.nz)
So, the postie was good to me this week - a whole lot of goodies (and not too many bills!). Must scoot now, as the firewood will nearly be here - such fun awaits!!!

Happy stitching
Jenny

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff from the postie ! I love my wood fire but get very tired of carting wood .

Simone de Klerk said...

You have certainly not been sitting quietly, Jenny! Some beautiful work and I love the project you are making for classes. Will you have a pattern for that and maybe a kit? I would love it!
The buttons are definitely too cute and so are the cross stitches.
Wonderful post!

Petra said...

Your stitching is so grat!! I love it. The hexagon with stiching is a great idea :-)

Petra

cherie said...

Oooh, you said you had a few surprises and you didn't disappoint!LOVE your ideas with the Christmas decorations,looks like you have been very busy indeed!
Take care and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts :-)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Jenny,
love the snowflake! It's a shame to be thinking about winter fires, but guess it is a good time to be stacking firewood. Have fun!!!??