Thursday, May 8, 2008

Week Two!

Well, didn't that week go by so quickly! I will tempt you with some pictures of a couple of gorgeous ranges of fabrics that have arrived this past week. The first is a range called "City Girl" - designed by Kitty Yoshida for Benartex Fabrics. What do you think? Pretty yummy. This is my favourite piece (well, this week, anyway).

Here's the rest.


This one is ''Letters in Bloom'' - bright, fresh and fun. (except the blue is supposed to be purple - still working on that one!)


Last Friday at ''stitching'' the girls happily posed for a blog shot. It is quite simply the best way to end the working week - a few hours of stitching, plenty of chat, coffee and cake.


Debbie brought along her finished quilt - The Gardeners Journal - designed by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched. Thought you might like a peek at it.

And a little close up - just so beautifully stitched and wonderful colours.

"Red Club'' has been and gone for another month and this is what the girls made - cute little cushion cover - lots of little techniques in this one, foundation piecing being the one that took the prize for ''most thinking required''.


I'm off now to trace some stitcheries for the new block of the month quilt I am starting, designed by Leslie McConnell, or, I might do a little more sewing of the jelly roll quilt sample for the class at the end of the month. Choices, choices! have a great week with lots of stitching.
Jenny




3 comments:

chook said...

wow Jenny the new fabric looks very yummy
Hugs Beth

Julz said...

Hi Jenny, great to find you have a blog. Will let Sharon (my mum-in-law) know too as she will love to see your blog. I'll load some photo's onto my blog later today its of a pattern I brought from your shop in January when I was down south visiting my Sister in Oamaru - the dress fabric on the stitchery is from my sister's wedding dress and it is a gift for her. Look forward to seeing more of your postings and to see what lovely goodies you have arriving into your store. Hugs Julz x

Anonymous said...

Joyful Jenny - your newsletter, you blog and your store make me wish I lived in Dunedin. I am using the fabric I got from The Stitchery in a free style quilt (no ruler shock horror) of the African-American tradition. Will send you a photo when it is done. Keep writing - you inspire me.
Brendajane in Christchurch