Saturday, December 19, 2009

Trains and Bikes

I have been stitching this week but I can't show you hardly any of it - how frustrating! This is all I can show you of some of it ....

...but after Christmas I can show you the whole picture! It's pretty cute I reckon.

This is a little bag that I can show you - one of Leanne Beasleys new patterns - it's a real wee sweetie. I'm oh so close to finally finishing my Days in Provence quilt - just got the binding to go and that will be hand-stitched in place tonight, as I watch Men in Black! (Jake's choice of movie, not mine!).

So, what's trains and bikes got to do with anything I can hear you ask. Well, I thought I'd show you what else we've been doing this week - we went on a train ride! It's been years and years and years since I rode a train and it was great fun. We took in the sights of the Taieri Gorge which were spectacular.

Viaducts and tunnels by the dozen!

And bikes - well, this mother got to see her son in proper downhill racing action for the first time last Sunday - here's the group of them before they head off up the hill...........


... and here's a really bad shot of Jake coming down the hill........

This picture was taken in haste (and with heart in mouth!) and does not show you, at all, the extent of the drop!!! Had I known in advance........well, lets just say that the next time I find a ''watching position'' I will make sure that it is not at a drop - I would rather not know! I do have a new found respect for my son's skill, but I do seriously have to question his sanity at the same time. Not sure how long it took them to get up the hill, but I do know that it took him 2 minutes and 59 seconds to come down it!!

Yesterday we had our Friday Stitchers Christmas party - lots and lots of chocolate! Yum! Just had to show you a pic of what Debbie made - she had a whole basket of these gorgeous apple pin cushions - all in red and white - and each of us was lucky enough to receive one. Thanks Debbie - they are so cute.

And finally - I have been waiting very patiently for a few weeks now for these gorgeous blooms - they are the palest prettiest pink and just absolutely amazing. The wait was definitely worth it.

Not many sleeps now til the big fellow in the red suit comes visiting! Hope you've got all your last minute pressies sorted - I'm done (nearly) and have a few days to potter around before Christmas - now that's a bit of a novelty for me.
I have a few new projects to start - hmmm - which will be first?
Happy stitching
Jenny

2 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely post and I had to smile at the story about Jake. The flower is so pretty!

Unknown said...

What a brave mother you are , watching ! Amazing what young boys will and can do . That little pink flower is just lovely as is your bag . Merry Christmas , go Jake !