Thursday, December 3, 2009

Side-tracked by Santas.

I've had a couple of days off this week and I had all these plans. Hmmmm! I didn't get to tick many things off ''the list'' though - I got a little side-tracked! By these ..... Santa's, trees and baubles. Decorating the house. I went for silver and glass for the big tree....

... and then there's the tree with the santa's and the elves, the reindeer and fairies, stockings and puddings, hearts and tags....

....more santa's...

....the red and white corner....

...and guess what, more santa's.
I have done a little stitching as well - finished the last part of block 6 of the Gingham Girls, so now I can put it together with 5, 7 and 8 and finish the row.

I've also started stitching a new block of the month quilt which I will be offering next year - another gorgeous mystery quilt from France, this one designed by Marie-Claude of Les Secrets de Marie. As you know I love Barb Smiths designs and Barb has done the stitcheries for this quilt - this is part of the first block. Gorgeous cat, dont you think - I love the cat's expression! I'm not going to piece the blocks yet, though, as I have a range of Moda fabrics arriving early next year that will, I hope, be perfect for this quilt.
After a coffee on the front porch this morning, this is where I spent the rest of the day....
....in amongst the roses and delphiniums.

A pretty perfect day!
Hope yours was too.

Jenny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny it really does sound like the perfect day ! Your tree looks gorgeous .