Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweet Sixteen :)

I'm not entirely sure that applies to boys, does it??  But he sure was sweet way back then ...


Actually, he's still pretty sweet, just in a more ''blokey'' way :) Just like to know one thing, though - how did those 16 years go so fast?? Makes you think, doesn't it.  Happy birthday, Jake - may you achieve everything you work hard for, may you always live life with a sense of adventure, be truthful in all that you do, be kind to your friends and don't break too many bones when you are hurtling down mountains at ridiculous speeds!!! 

In between making beds and breakfasts, I've done a little more stitching - and I've finished the sampler - I love it:)) I'm thinking I might have a go at framing it myself - any tips?


While I was finishing off the sampler, I was thinking about my next project, as you do.  Way back, who knows when, certainly pre-Dunedin days, I started a gorgeous Lavender and Lace cross stitch called ''The Spirit of Christmas''.  I worked on it solidly for a few months, and then for some reason it got side lined.  Well, how's this for discipline - I found it, and I'm finishing it:)  When I pulled it from it's hidey place, I realised I still really loved it, and it definitely needed to be finished.  So that's what I've been working on for the past few nights. He's pretty gorgeous, don't you think! 


I think I may just have to stitch a little more on Santa right now :)  It's like a winter's day outside, the child is working, and I've got about an hour before I have to begin birthday dinner preparations.  So really, what else is there to do:)

See you
Jenny

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres Bell is the cross stitch... just gorgeous !
And Happy Birthday to J ....!
Barb xxx

Elizabeth said...

Both Cross stitch projects are gorgeous. I have a gorgeous lavender and lace one packed away in a drawer I am probably at least half way through, I would love to finish it but now hooked on patchwork/quilting. It is of two children decorating the christmas tree. Oneday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

just love your stitching....I think we all have a unfinished crossstitch project somewhere...mine is a teddy bear toyshop,maybe you have inspired me to get it out...Maybe Di

Leeanne said...

You boy is about 6 months older than mine, time fly's!
I love both cross stitches.Glad to hear you have busy at the B&B

gaelle said...

very gorgeous!
I like this Lavender and lace

Gaelle

Le rat des fils said...

Your cross stitch sampler is wonderful.

sand said...

This sampler is beautiful will you tell the name and who the designer is. I would love buy it and stitch it. any help would be great thank you DEbbie

SewAmy said...

Oh my goodness, your sampler is just gorgeous!