Thursday, January 1, 2015

Choice

Okay, so I've missed the Christmas episode,
and too late for the New Years Eve one as well!
It's been a while...again!!
 
So I will start by wishing you all
happy, creative, adventurous
new year :)
I think it's going to be a
particularly good one for all of us :)
 
...not into making resolutions,
but like many I tend to reflect
on the year gone by...
remembering the good
and a little of the not so good.
But then I move on...
to think about the year ahead.
The possibilities are endless,
only limited by imagination and choice,
and there is always, always choice.
 
One of the choices I made
this past year
was to go to France for a little holiday.
Perhaps what made it all the more exciting
was that it was totally unplanned.
I had a choice...
to go or not to go
(long story)
and literally overnight
I went!
Three of the most ''alive'' weeks of my life.
Amazing in every single sense.
I will most definitely be returning
to that part of the world...
 


Another choice I made,
on my return,
was to join instagram.
Such an incredibly inspiring forum.
As some of you will know,
I don't really go many places
without my camera.
Very much a complete amateur
but I do love taking photos of pretty things :)
If you want to be inspired by beautiful images
and incredibly creative people,
then go check out instagram.
Perhaps one of the reasons,I think,
why I am here a little less often.
Ooops :)
 
Big stitchy choice I made,
was to do more of it !!
Loving the feel of needle and thread
in hand again.
A little of what I've been doing ...
 





...been working on a series of
the little mannequins...
have got one to go.
Then to put it all together :)
 
 And of course,
there is the garden...
it's hard not to be inspired
by the beauty of flowers.
 




 
 So it is New Years Day.
I will be spending a good part of it
in the garden.
In the sunshine,
amongst the flowers :)
 

The year that has been,
has been :)
It was a learning year, this one.
A little tough at times, still,
but there were also times
of phenomenal happiness
and pride.
And these made it all okay :)
So incredibly proud of my son,
and proud of what I have achieved
at work this past year.
 
I am looking forward to this year,
the choices to come.
 
Have a happy day :)
Jenny
 
 

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous projects, very autiful flowers. Welcome back to blog land. Have missed your blogs/photos. I don't Josue new year resolutions either, but, have goals set in my mind. Have a great year.

Leeanne said...

No pressure my friend but I too have missed your blog posts! Oh to go to France! That would be amazing. Lovely stitching yumminess............and the garden is oh so delightful! Look forward to hearing more from you and the adventures the New Year will bring.

Christine B said...

Hi Jenny! Have a great New Year. Your projects are beautiful and I can't wait to see what you have in store in 2015+

shirley flavell said...

Hello Jenny, Happy New Year. It is great to see what you have been doing, it all looks wonderful. How marvellous to go to France, it wouldn't take much for me to be persuaded either. My son, DIL, and GS went there June last year and did a cycling trip around in the south. They loved it. This is the second time they had been to France. Best wishes and look forward to your next blog post Shirley

Deb said...

Hi gorgeous Jenny, you certainly have had an extremely productive year last year. I love reading the updates on all of your stitching as it is always so beautiful and feminine. How wonderful to go on the trip you went on, such a dream of mine also. Your garden is looking beautiful and its such a time of serenity spending time in it. All the very best for 2015.