Friday, April 18, 2014

My little quilt of ''samples"

Oh my goodness ...
this is the rainiest of rainy days!
Oh well,
I will just have to quilt :)
 
I've been working on my little quilt of ''samples''
and the top is nearly finished.
Am happy with the look -
it was a bit of an experiment,
but I think it's worked.
 
 
... the ''samples'' bring back such memories :)
This gorgeous creature
is one of Brenda Ryan's fabulous girls ...
 
 
...the little angel in the bottom left hand corner
is one of Natalie Lymer's early designs ...
a delight to stitch...
 

 ... this is a gorgeous design that
Rosalie Quinlan did for my first
Stitchery Retreat ...
 

 ... and in this pic you can see lavender by Barb,
and one of Lara's (Siddons) angels...
 
 
...flowers by Viv ...

 
... now I need to go do a measure up
to work out what size borders
 I have to attach
to make it fit the backing.
I have an unfinished quilt top which
it's just big squares of
 pretty pale fabrics
 and
I think it will be the perfect backing.
And this is absolutely the perfect day
to be doing that ...
although ...
I did have a thought
this morning
about another little something
I wanted to start...:)
 
So...
is it too early for chocolate!!!
(it's Easter after all)
 
See you
Jenny
 


6 comments:

Deb said...

Jenny, it's lovely that you have a stitchery done of Viv's. Keeps her memory alive. So sad that she is n longer with us. Isn't this weather disgusting, definitely an excuse to quilt and stitch. Have a lovely Easter xx

Jo H said...

It's never too early for chocolate!

Leeanne said...

Never never too early for chocolate my friend! loving the softness of the sample quilt, a great idea.....very pretty.............happy chocolate feasting!

Elizabeth said...

Stunning quilt. I don't think you needed to ask if it was too early for chocolate, because of course it isnt too early. You deserve it with the terrible weather you are experiencing today

Christine B said...

This is just the most beautiful quilt top and it is going to hold all the memories of the different stitcheries and what you were doing when they were being stitched. Fabulous! And it is NEVER to early for chocolate! Happy Easter!

VickiLorraine said...

Beautiful embroideries Jenny, I am a big Brenda Ryan fan as you will see if you come visit my blog. Especially my Jane Austen Bonnet quilt :). Thank you so much for the brown tone fabrics. They are beautiful. And they will be put to good use one day, after I buy myself the gorgeous Yoko Saito book Xx