Thursday, September 18, 2008

Countdown to the Stitchery Retreat

It's been a while since I've been here - have been getting everything ready for the Stitchery Retreat which happens this weekend. I am so looking forward to this retreat - two whole days to stitch, chat, eat, stitch a bit more, catch up with friends and maybe make some new ones. In between making the samples for that, though, I have managed to stitch a little bit of redwork! Here are the first three Redwork Christmas blocks of Rosalie Quinlan's fabulous new block of the month quilt which will be starting next year. There's Santa (of course!) -

The Christmas tree -
And stockings.


Six more to go and loving every one of them.

This is the first bag that we will be making in the Bag Club - the Two Hour Tote. The neat thing about this class is that everyone gets to choose their own fabric so all the bags will look completely different. I am guessing there is going to be everything from really pretty florals to big, bold and bright.



I haven't shown you the Christmas Table Runner from the last class - quite a
simply pieced runner, but didn't we have fun with our 1/4'' seams girls.



And just because I really love this time of the year, my blossom photo to you. I had a bit of fun playing with the camera in the garden last weekend, not my garden, though - my brothers! His garden puts mine well and truly to shame! Lots and lots of blossoming fruit trees - he probably thought I was slightly odd, wandering round the trees taking several dozen photos of blossom, but you can't ever have too much of a good thing can you.



I will be back next week to show you the goodies that got stitched at the weekend.

Happy weekend stitching.
Jenny.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog, I love some of the patterns that are going to be at the Stitchery Retreat.
From Jake.