Monday, May 18, 2009

Bragging Rights!

Am I allowed to brag? I hope so, just a little. First up on Saturday, my son, Jake, was playing in a soccer tournament and they won! Last year, in the same tournament, it came down to penalty shoot outs and sadly they missed out. Jake is the goalie, and words cannot express the agony of a mother watching her son trying to fend off penalty goals - it's just plain awful! ( I know what you are thinking - ''imagine what it must be like to be the goalie" which is a fair point, but it's nearly as bad, I think, to be the mother on the sideline!) Thankfully, though, this year there were no shoot outs and congratulations to the whole team. Then, secondly, my nephew, Hayden, won the Rally of Otago - fantastic race, Hayden! And congratulations to you, too.

It was a pretty nice weekend here - good enough to lure me into the garden on Saturday afternoon - that's saying something as I am most definitely not a winter gardener - but it was lovely and mild and the perfect day for attacking with the secatuers.

I have finished the next Gingham Girls stitchery - very cute - check out the cat!

Also, put the final stitches into the Snowman block of Viv's Christmas Thyme quilt.

And speaking of Christmas - look what turned up this morning - this is the panel from Nancy Halvorsen's Christmas range - ''I Believe..."

I know, it's a little early to be talking about Christmas but I just couldn't resist showing you the panel.

This is my little doll, Alice. She's my class model! I had so much fun making her and think I might just have to do another one.
Happy Stitching

Jenny

1 comment:

Simone de Klerk said...

Ah, Jenny, some gorgeous projects to show! I love the doll you are going to make with your class. Wish I could join you!
Have a lovely week.