Monday, December 7, 2009

On a Roll!

On Saturday when you know who was playing cricket and you know who wasn't watching, I ticked some things off "the list". I've now got the first eight blocks of the Gingham Girls all stitched together and have to say I'm really delighted with it.
Also, I finished off block two of Vero's Mystery quilt....

... and I also finished my Summer Sampler cushion which I love! This is one of Crabapple Hill Studio's beautiful patterns - they also do a Spring, Winter and Autumn sampler so guess who will be working their way through all four.

I sorted out fabrics for Christmas presents, cut them, and started stitching one as well. I tell you, I was on a roll!! Then I went and picked the child up - he told me that he had bowled really really well, but didn't want to talk about his batting!! He was still smiling though.

Yesterday I played with my sewing machine again - well, it was a wet old day so what better way to spend it. Made a little bag, the same as the Christmas one that I'm teaching at the Christmas club classes this week - I needed to remind myself how it went, so thought I would do a non-Christmas bag as another sample and couldn't help myself - I had to decorate with one of Barb's gorgeous new birdie buttons.
Now I'm off to start sewing some of those pressies because as usual I have left it way too late. I do this every year! I always have great intentions of being organised and starting early but it never seems to happen. I know that it can be done, though, as there are people who have told me they have Christmas all sorted out by the middle of the year - to which I have one question - HOW!!! But you know what, Christmas Eve just wouldn't feel right unless I wasn't stitching something to finish off a present.

Happy Stitching (and lots of it!)
Jenny

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you ready to whack me ... I plan handstitching so I can watch the cricket on TV how sad am I ? You are on a roll and it all looks great , good luck with the class , have fun .
My verification word is reusing , how good is that !

Simone de Klerk said...

Dear Jenny, so much loveliness to see on your posts! Very inspiring and one project is even prettier than the other.
The Christmas decorations in you new home look lovely!!!
And I know what you mean with getting started too late with your presents ... Next year I really have to do it differently (o;
Have a lovely week!

Kim said...

Your gingham girls look so awesome!!!! I am hoping to start mine soon.

claire said...

O tu en fais plusieurs à la fois meme le dernier mystère de borntoquilt tes blocs sont merveilleux j'adore ce que tu fais
bis