Monday, April 4, 2011

March??


I have the oddest feeling that somebody stole March!!! Pinched it, right out from under my nose - quietly slipped in when I wasn't looking and just plain took it - either that, or I have no concept of time any more, which is related to age or so I am told by the child every so often (once too often, some times!)





I was reminded today that it's been way too long again since I've been here - so, I'm back, and here's what I've been doing:)). Actually, when I think about it, I do know what happened to March - I've been stitching lots of bits and pieces for Barb - love to show you, but I can't! I was having a ball - stitching up some of her fabulous new designs and buttons stories - you'll be able to see them over on her blog - www.theodoracleave.blogspot.com/. Barb has the most gorgeous adorable bunnies, just in time for Easter.




I've got bunnies on the brain - I got some of Stacy Nash's fabulous new patterns recently and she had one for a Spring Hare pincushion - I resisted the urge to start it for all of about two hours!! So here's the bit I've done - the Spring Hare is still to come - he's on the other side:)




And the knitting urge took hold too - it's been ages and ages since I've knitted and I just wanted to knit something really really simple - so found this chunky wool, some chunky needles and started knitting - I've done the back and now thinking about how to do the front - in one piece or two??




These cute little button designs are from another book I've recently got in stock, called Stitch with Love. I stitched them on Saturday night - I've got a little bag I want to make and these are going to look perfect on the outside.


Jake and I took a short trip up to Geraldine for my Mum's birthday last week. We were given strict instructions that there were to be no presents!! But you can't not take a present can you - that wouldn't be right - so I made her some little covered coathangers - didn't think she could get too cross about that :)) I filled the little hanging hearts with lavender from my garden and was quite pleased with the finished effect.





Mum has an incredible flower garden - wish I had half her talent in that respect. These beautiful blooms are from her garden.







This week I've been forced to clean out my fabric cupboard (so I could close the doors properly!) As I was sorting and stacking the fabrics I came across a couple of piles of fabrics I had put together in the past with intentions of creating something but had completely forgotten about them. This one I had sorted out to do Butterfly Garden, I think - very soft and pastel pretty. I still like it so it will stay together and I just might get round to it over winter.


And this one, I don't remember at all (it's a worry I know!) It's quite pink for me, but I like it too, so who knows...






This one I put together as I was stacking - I liked all the soft browns I was finding and then the gorgeous orangey fabrics just seemed so perfect - so it has possibilities too.





So that's what I've been doing, and a bit of other stuff as well -like ordering some new goodies for the StitcheryRoom. I'll be posting some pics of the new ''stuff'' on the StitcheryRoom blog, hopefully today. I haven't been there for a while either, I know :)) But that's about to change - have got lots of new stitchy things coming in and I'll keep you up to date over there - http://www.stitcheryroom.blogspot.com/.



See you later - happy stitching:)

Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great to have you back ...sorry if I gave you a nudge...but you have been busy. I have to sort out my fabric too I can't remember how I got so much.. must be something to do with the age Ha Ha.Di