Sunday, January 26, 2014

For Jake :)

Okay - so this one is for Jake:)
I'm on a bit of a mission -
fund-raising for my boy :)
He's off to France in June,
to race enduro.
But wow -
the costs are staggering!!!
Insurance alone is
just a 1/4''
under two thousand.
I thought - maybe I could sell
some of my quilts.
 
So ...
 if you know anyone that might like
a hand-stitched treasure,
tell them to take a peek here :)
 
There's the lovely little
red and white quilt,
one of Rosalie Quinlan's designs...
 
 
... never been used,
apart from hanging on the wall
in my shop for a few months...
 
 
... measures 48'' x 48'' ...
 
 
... each block has a different
 red or pink fabric...
 

... has a hanging sleeve on the back ...
 

 
... quality quilters muslin backing ...
 
 
... hand stitched by yours truly :)
 
Then there is
''Vintage Garden''.
I think this may have been
Natalie's (Cinderberry Stitches) first
block of the month quilt.
 
 
... hand stitched blocks ...
 
 
... gorgeous vintage inspired floral fabrics ...
 
 
... measures 52'' x 52'' ...
 
 
... vintage floral backing fabric ...
 

... pretty and cute ...
 
 
And then there is
"Love Is".
If memory serves me well,
this was the second block of the month quilt
I stitched,
and offered,
from my Geraldine days.
Loved every stitch of it:)

 

 
... this picture is actually taken
in ''The Stitchery''.
 

... gorgeous selection of green and pink fabrics ...
 

 
... measures 56'' x 56'' ...
 

... has hanging sleeve and is backed with the same
fabric as the borders around the blocks ...
 

 
... I notice on this last block that I have added -
"stitched by Jenny - '05 "
Wow,
was it really nearly ten years ago
that I stitched this quilt?
 
So,
these three are the first.
I may add more next week.
Just leave a comment
 if you would like more details.
Thanks :)
Jenny

1 comment:

Leeanne said...

gee I would LOVE to buy all of them! I have sent the link to this post to a few friends.......so good luck!